ASSERTs failing???

From: Jourge Fuzz Bush (modem-burn@geocities.com)
Date: 11/21/98

Well this is what happens, I run the mud it runs fine. But nothing is
loaded. So I kill the autorun script and read the logs. Says it had an
error at room #128 expected e/s/d.... Well I look through the world on
room 128. Nothing so I delete the log and run again. Now I get a message
saying:

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: d:\circle30bpl14\bin\circle.exe
file: ftelli64.c
Line: 95

Expression: str != NULL

For more information on how your program can cause an assertion failure,
see visual c++ documentation on asserts.

Then about, retry, and ignore buttons. On ignore it crashes abort just
quits and retry is suppose to debug it but I would have to reinstall
vc++ to get that feature because I recently formated while still keeping
vc++....Anyways it's pissing me off.
Thanks,
- Matt

p.s. Incase anyone wants to know it's 200mhz, msvc++ 5.0 and win95