Re: [bpl14][0lc+2.0] [win98] More Mazes

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@tzc.com)
Date: 11/23/98

First off, I would like to say that this snippet was only tested on a
Linux system, and is not guuranteed to work on anything else.  Now that I
got that disclaimer out of the way, on to the code analysis.

>For some reason i cant get to the archives so i apologize if this has
>been covered.  I just put in the More Mazes snippet from the snippet
>page and it seems to compile with no problems.  but when ever i boot the
>mud it crashes when it gets to the maze zone.  zone 4.  in the snippet
>it says to add this to the zon file

It could be the placement of the case 'Z' part of the code.  There are 2
functions that match the criteria of where to place it.  Since my site is
down, I can't tell you which function it is.  If the code doesn't work,
try the other function.

>Z 0 0 0 0
>if i leave it like that it crashes the mud on this line from the snippet
> world[room].dir_option[dir]->to_room = -1;
>however if i change the zeros to lets say -1 or....Z -1 -1 -1 -1
>i get no crash but then again the maze doesnt shuffle.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Or if more info is needed to
>help, i will provide it.

Ok, first, something I noticed. Is the zone shaped and number like it is
supposed to?  If not, there's a problem right there.  That would indicate
why it is crashing on that line, because the exit which the code expects
to exists, doesn't.  In all truth though, the numbers after the Z make no
difference, as they are never even read.  This could mean that the case
'Z' code was placed in the wrong function.  Other then that, I can't
think of what might be causing it.  The code is based off a simple
algorithm.

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press