Re: [IDEA] System Tray, This is a windows thing

From: Jourge Fuzz Bush (modem-burn@geocities.com)
Date: 11/27/98

>Running an application in the System tray is a Win32 API function. And
>seeing as CircleMUD
>is a console app, and isn't using the Win32 API, it is fairly impossible...
Actually it's very very easy! Now thier reasly isn't anything to be woried
about on the console thing because nothing really is ever printed to the
console. Second it's a matter of changing /subsystem:console to
/subsysem:windows (If you are using the project method to compile,like the
windows msvc++) Then basicly change the main functions name, make a winmain
function, and call the main function with the arguments. Then you would put
in the code for the systray.
Basicly if I were to do I would be using bits of code from things like the
systray stuff I can get from the source of sambar server and the winmain
things was done in a patch on the ftp site.
Other than that it should be fine