Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Circle Under Windows (was Re: NEWBIE)

From: Angus Mezick (amezick@edgil.com)
Date: 11/30/98

Was this just flame bait or what?
I think you have it reversed.  UNIX has true multi-tasking, NT
comes close but 1 little program can take your whole system with
it, and I think OS/2 was in the middle.
--Angus - WinNT: The server wanna-be

mmars <mmarsegl@vt.edu> on 11/30/98 11:08:47 AM

Correct me if i am wrong, but UNIX is the only OS that comes close to true
multitasking, as well as WinNT.. correct??  Does the mud run faster/better
with out as much lag under a multitasking OS as opposed to DOS or Windows
95/98?  I've used Cygnus' GNUWin32 and i didn't like it..or rather..my
system didn't like it.

        mike