[UPDATE] Arena Code

From: Eduo (eduo@ciateq.mx)
Date: 12/03/98

Hiya

I am trying to adapt the Arena code present in the ceramic mouse site to
pl14.

http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/Chris_Powell/arena.patch

So far I have found not many problems. I am not aware of all the changes
to PL14, tho'. So I am stumped in a few places:

   if (world[i->in_room].zone == ARENA_ZONE &&
      ROOM_FLAGGED(IN_ROOM(i), ROOM_ARENA) && (i->in_room != NOWHERE)) {

This thing here never reports the correct zone, I had to take the first
part out.

What should ARENA_ZONE be for this to work if the rooms of the arena are
8100 to 8110 in zone 81?

I have also found the problem in which when the arena ends the characters
involved in it (when it ends as a draw) don't appear in the user listing,
and any command from them will crash the mud. I have OLC+ installed so it
came as no surprise that it crashes in mtrig_command. The reason why the
characters dissapear for the mud is unknown to me.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x79fba in command_mtrigger (actor=0x460000, cmd=0xc051c "l",
    argument=0xefbfd84d "") at dg_triggers.c:385
#1  0x42f50 in command_interpreter (ch=0x460000, argument=0xefbfd84c "l")
    at interpreter.c:607
#2  0x328d in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:742
#3  0x26f3 in init_game (port=4000) at comm.c:348
#4  0x2535 in main (argc=3, argv=0xefbfda30) at comm.c:312

"l" was the command I issued.

Ideas? I don't know what else to include or if anything at all. I'll keep
it short until someone raises a hand and let me know if he/she has found
the same error or if he/she needs more info. I'll keep checking the thing
here myself.

I am thinking of at least creating a minimal docs for the patch to
accompany it and people could understand it better.

Eduo