[HELP] pfile

From: Christopher Avans (parka@cdc.net)
Date: 12/05/98

  Has anyone made to convert from binary to ascii then back?
We had a dumb god remove valid_name check to try to rename a guy
and we got a funky pfile entry. Do not wana wipe cause we been open a
month and getting 20 to 50 online and growing. Blah indeed. If not we prob
make something of the sorta if so I share. I think this is a good way to
fix problems like this to convert and delete bad entry and convert back
the purgeplay utility will chop the bad file but the file it creats is bad
i.e. the players.new
Thankx

FYI Hubis is a circlemud we started last year with bpl11 and now open at
hubis.eushc.org. check us out