Re: Obj Enchantment & ObCircle

From: Jon Barrett (jon@thebarretts.com)
Date: 12/16/98

> Umm. Their is one problem with that. Oedit changes the proto
> of it. Not
> all of them. So only the ones that will load will be changed. (Or at
> least that's all its supposed to do) Anyways if you save these

  Actually, when you save objects internally, it will first scan through all
objects and if they are pointing to the edited proto, they are updated(that
is normal).  Then it also changes the original proto.

> objects in a
> rent file they will still have effects. When you oedit
> something you are
> editing the proto for it their for the rest of them should still have
> their affects. Now if it does like you say erase the affects for every
> one in the game it must be pritty screwed...actually that would take

  I have ascii obj files and the affects save fine.  Only the online objects
are updated to match the new proto.  Hmm, maybe I should just make it so
enchanted objects are not updated, period.

ObCircle:
  Is there a reason that spell_info in circle is not more complete.  I have
considered placing the spell name, wear off message, a damage_noun, and
maybe a wait_pulse variable within the spell_info_type struct, but I
wondered why this hadn't been done before.
  This change would require very little changes whatsoever, and would help
to centralize the spell_info which would simplify the spell addition
process.  I got sick of adding spells and forgetting to put in a wear off
message, etc.  Also with that change, you could have wear off messages for
skills, custom dam_nouns and even a detailed spelledit OLC capability. :)

<jB>