(no subject)

From: Neal Robinson. (nrobinso@c2i.net)
Date: 12/20/98

>>"Neal Robinson." <nrobinso@c2i.net> wrote:
>>
>> I am interested to hear about how to get a "transport system"
>>between different areas for my Circle mud.
>> I am using circle30bpl14 and Cygnus GNU-Win32. (I have tried
>>trains.c but dont know how to edit my makefile.in) to include it?
>> to sum up
>>     a;   I am interested on any help to make a transport system.
>>     b;   or help to get trains.c to work.
>>
>> regards Neal Robinson.
>now.
>
>Anyway, if you're hoping to get some ideas for this, take a look at
>the mailing archives. There was a discussion on making a ship as a
>movable area. It's either earlier this year or mid of last year. The
>idea was making it the ship (or in your case the train) as a mob that
>has a spec for its movement. If the player is at the station and issue
>a command like "board", check if the mob is there in the same room
>before transfering the player into the area. If the player issue a
>command like "leave", check if the mob is at a station before
>transfering the player out of the area. Something like that. DAK's
>email on the subject has better description than mine. :)
>
>Why don't you check it out. I'm thinking of putting one in my mud
>also, but it's still in the "to do" list.
>
>As for editing the Makefile.in, though I'm not the best person on the
>subject, what is it that you want to change?
>==
>Afizal Mustapa
>Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
>(amustapa@yahoo.com)

1 A big *Thanks* Afisal, I will try those archives but they look *big*.
2. The trains.c is a file that according to the help file will:- quote
------------snip start--------------
"With this code, you'll be able to add a complete transporter/train
 to your CircleMUD, including a token machine & conductor, and
 2 trains running simultaneously. The transporters are perfect for
newbies, because they can use the transporters to get places
 quickly and easily."
------------snip stop--------------
I have got ideas to change this to make a sort of desert caravan
 that will go between different areas on my mud, another
place in the help file goes
"First, edit your makefile so that it compiles trains.c and includes it
when everything is linked to make /bin/circle."
What i need to know is: can anybody
give me any help on where i can read how to
add trains.c to my makefile.in

P.S. I didnt get/see DAK`s email you mentioned!