OLC-Plusv2.1a + Copyover

From: Ryan Guthrie (guthrie@henge.com)
Date: 12/22/98

I recently decided to start my mud over to update some old stuff and add
some new features.  Last time i did this(for another person) I ran into
this same problem.  That is: When I do a copyover, it does it and brings
me back to the prompt, but whatever i type in next crashed the mud.  As
far as i can remember, the gdb information was of no relevance, but here
it is anyways.
2:20pm : @henge1 ~/circle/test/2>gdb bin/circle lib/core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-redhat-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation,
Inc...b
Core was generated by `circle -C3 4000'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

t#0  0x804b666 in process_input (t=0x82ad158) at comm.c:1853
1853          if (t->history[t->history_pos])
(gdb) bt
#0  0x804b666 in process_input (t=0x82ad158) at comm.c:1853
#1  0x804a3e4 in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:785
#2  0x8049d18 in init_game (port=4000) at comm.c:435
#3  0x80499e7 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffffc54) at comm.c:313
(gdb) list
1848        } else if (*tmp == '^') {
1849          if (!(failed_subst = perform_subst(t, t->last_input, tmp)))
1850            strcpy(t->last_input, tmp);
1851        } else {
1852          strcpy(t->last_input, tmp);
1853          if (t->history[t->history_pos])
1854            free(t->history[t->history_pos]);       /* Clear the old
line. */
1855          t->history[t->history_pos] = str_dup(tmp);        /* Save
the new. */
1856          if (++t->history_pos >= HISTORY_SIZE)     /* Wrap to top. */
1857            t->history_pos = 0;

I remember the fix being quite simple(as in taking a line from one
function and pasting it into another).  I have comparted my old mud with
my new mud but the answer is alluding me. Help would be appricated.
--Thanks