Christmas Presents

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/25/98

These are all previews of course.  Do not use on a production MUD.  Oasis2
might work, but I know Buffer v2.0 has a race somewhere when using threads.
I know threads aren't actually used by anyone but I still consider it a
bug.  Otherwise it hasn't been tested to my taste so it's still considered
preview, at least by me.

-rw-r--r--   1 greerga  users      129654 Dec 25 08:27 buffer19-20.pre

        Upgrade from Buffer v1.9 to Buffer v2.0

-rw-r--r--   1 greerga  users      108587 Dec 25 08:32 buffer20.pre

        Buffer v2.0 patch based on stock CircleMUD bpl14.

-rw-r--r--   1 greerga  users        6968 Dec 25 08:26 gtk.pre

        10 minute hack to make CircleMUD have GTK interface.  Needs threads.

-rw-r--r--   1 greerga  users       26288 Dec 25 08:26 modularmagic.pre

        My stab at modularizing the magic subsystem more that it already
        is.  This may seem a bit redundant as far as the CVS snapshots
        because the biggest change (the removal of spells[]) is already
        in for bpl15.  This does have some preliminary ideas on how to
        convert all spells to neat, simple descriptions though.

-rw-r--r--   1 greerga  users      351912 Dec 25 08:33 oasis2.pre.tar.gz

        OasisOLC v2.0.  Mostly cleaned up, tedit, improved editor pulled
        out a bit more and optionalized.  Also created the GenericOLC
        routines that will (hopefully) allow other OLC systems to use these
        so code is not duplicated.  See gen*.[ch]

And yes, if you haven't noticed yet, my .sig does rotate.  I've also
noticed that phoenix.cs.mercer.edu no longer works.  I checked the other
two reported mirrors and it seems that I now have the only complete archive
of MUD++ on ftp.van.ml.org.  I hope I'm wrong, but at least the work has
been saved in case people wish to refer to it (or use it) for a C++
conversion of CircleMUD or to grab ideas, MUDAsm, etc.

Merry Christmas to all, I'll be around in a few days.  If you don't
celebrate Christmas, then Merry whatever-you-celebrate. :)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org