Re: CircleMUD Scripting (was Re: [CODE] Thingstodo...)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/25/98

Chris Jacobson wrote:

> Nay folks, JavaScript.
>
> JavaScript is much easier to use and could be added in much easier since
> JSRef, the JavaScript Engine, is available under the NPL, and is also
> embeddable.

I think I'd rather have a hot coffee enema.  JavaScript code is just
plain ugly, bordering on unreadable in many circumstances.  I don't
think weak typing is a good concept to introduce to non-programmers,
either.  If your builders are the right-brained, creative types, the
constraints will do them well.  Creative, nonlinear typing quickly
sires inefficient code.

-dak