Re: pet shops

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 12/30/98

At 12:05 PM 12/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>For adding pets, look at mount_diff.gz by Daniel Koepke.

I think you're perhaps confusing pets with animals you can ride.
(I suppose an argument could be made that if it isn't a pet or
at least friendly, you cannot ride it.)

The mount patch allows applicable characters to be mounted by
characters. Pets, according to the pet shop spec-proc, are
basically mobiles that are charmed, the difference between a
pet and a mobile charmed by the spell being a pet's charm does
not wear off.

Another poster provided the answer to the original question: to
make pets available for sale, there must be a pet store-room
which is a room with a VNUM 1 higher than the pet store, and
should preferably have no exits nor entrances. Have the mobiles
you wish to be available as pets z-loaded into this room. (And,
of course, have the pet shop spec-proc assigned to the pet shop
room.)