Re: [OFF-TOPIC]

From: Invincibill (bill@longboys.net)
Date: 01/11/99

wow. you guys should have seen the list 2 years ago. :)

i thought it was relatively mild. (granted i dont read ALL the posts
tho)

anyway, about circle...thanks to the folks who helped me out with both
the
mysql stuff AND the socket stuff. i checked out the socket tutorial. it
was
nice and simple and straightforward. thanks.

so..does anybody know any surefire way to tell if somebody is
multiplaying?
short of snooping anyway. anyway to like maybe pop a message into the
mudlog
warning online imms that here is a potential multiplayer? (besides just
comparing hosts)

any ideas?

bill

CyberLord wrote:

> Here here!
>
> I was/am getting to the point where I'm thinking about leaving the list.
> I dont want to read thru a bunch of rude replies to someone who appearently
> is totally clueless and needs a little help. Thumbing thru the code is rough
> at the least and for a newbie coder about impossible.
>
> So if U can't help out a newbie w/o a flame reply... don't reply! It takes
> up
> bandwidth and server space that could be used for something more important.
>
> I will add... there are SOME posts that are deserving of a flame.. but how
> about
> sending the flame directly to the sender (e-mail) instead of flooding the
> list with it??
>
> Just my 2 cents worth.
>
> Tim.

Weather forecast for today: Sunny & Mild
Weather forecast for tomorrow : Sunny & Mild
www.giftsgalore.com : www.longboys.net
telnet://undying.longboys.net:4000 http://undying.longboys.net