Re: [OFF-TOPIC]

From: Dan Argent (argentd7@cs.man.ac.uk)
Date: 01/13/99

Automated mulitplaying detection?
I wouldn't say it's impossible.
If we go back to the basics of a player who has two characters,
at any one time, that person will only be keying in commands for one of
the characters.
 Now, if two players were suspected of muliplaying, a watch could be kept
on imcoming commands, and although it doesn't prove anything, if commands
from both characters are recieved within a certain time limit, i.e. < the
time to change windows and type, then you can be reasonably sure that the
two characters are separate.  Of course if the characters have different
IP's then it's a little less conclusive.

Yours,
DAn