Re: Borland C++ Request

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/13/99

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Dan Egli wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, George wrote:
>
>> It seems a newer version of Borland C++ includes winsock2.h automatically
>> which conflicts with the winsock.h included by CircleMUD.  Is there any
>> #define we can use to detect Winsock2 and avoid including the old Winsock
>> code?
>
>I'd check for a define made in the winsock2.h file, and call an #ifdef on
>it. Example: Suppose there's a statement in winsock2.h:
>#define WINSOCK_VER 2.1

Yes, that's all well and good, but the problem is:

        I don't own a Windows compiler.

Therefore, theory gets me nowhere, I know how to do it but I need the
actual defines. :)

Jodi Goddard was kind enough to mail me that _WINSOCKAPI_ and _WINSOCK2API_
should do it based on the top part of the winsock2.h file.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org