Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] [MULTIPLAYING]

From: Fafhrd (fafhrd@greyhawk.org)
Date: 01/14/99

   Coding against multiplaying is almost invariably a losing battle.
A thought though.... for the last 5-6 years, I've been near or at the top of
the hierachy of some of the largest and most well known muds, and for the
life of my, I fail to see what exactly is _wrong_ with multiplaying. We
code/build/administer these things to be games, a way and place for all of
us to either hide from school, or unwind after a long day of shoveling shit
in the fields. Our players come for the same reasons, to simply have fun. If
the only way a person can have fun is to play both a mage and a fighter at
once, and it doesn't interfere in anyones elses fun, what exactly is the
harm?!?

Erik Madison
ICQ #13940294
www.greyhawk.org