Re: [SYSTEM]Problems with Linux GDB

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 01/14/99

> I have recently run into a problem analyzing core dumps
> on Linux.  When I do a backtrace the line where the mud
> crashed is missing. here is the output:
>
> warning: exec file is newer than core file.
> Core was generated by `bin/circle 4000'.

        Not that i'm sure exactly what caused the crash, but that first
statement about theexec file being newer than the core file means that you
may not be getting the correct results - it only shows that to me after
i've recompiled and have a new binary... You might want to make sure that
your core comes from the version that you actually are running.

        Otherwise, I'd be hesitant to say where the crash actually took
place.

                                        PjD