[NEWBIE] Wondering...A little info if possible

From: John Hines (jahweb@grnco.net)
Date: 01/17/99

Hello,

        I am wondering if anyone has changed thier stock code to allow player
accounts. What I mean by this is an account where all a players characters
could be stored. To allow people to change characters without disconnecting
from the game.

        The player would log on the MUD and enter thier account name and password
and then have choice to connect a char from thier list. To see who is ont the
game. Sign up for a player listserv etc.

        I have been reading the code and studying up on what I would have to do to
implement such an account system. I have been reading up on socket coding etc.

        What I would like to know is...

Has anyone on this list done this type of code to thier MUD?

Has anyone ever found any documentation on such a project?

In order to do this project...would you recommend converting to ascii
playerfiles?

Thanks,
John