Re: [Code] [Newbie] A player list command

From: Ron Cole (rcole@ezy.net)
Date: 01/18/99

>    if (!(fl = fopen(PLAYER_FILE, "r+"))) {

>    fread(&player, sizeof(struct char_file_u), 1, fl);

This is fine when you have a small pfile, but when it gets large, you lag the
whole mud everytime you use it.  What I did was expand the player index
struct and added all the things I want to be able to query.  It takes up a
bit of memory but its quite handy.  Also, you have to update the table
whenever a player saves, and/or just before you use the info.

Ron