Re: Ascii Pfiles

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 01/26/99

> Okay. I have a copy of CircleMUD bpl12, and it has ascii pfiles in it.
> (not 2.0, because 2.0 is incompatible with bpl12).
> To make a long story short, when characters delete themselves, and
> restart, it assigns them a new id, and keeps the OLD id in the
> plr_index. This then screws up the mail system, and it makes the mud
> unstable. Is there any way of "erasing" the player if they delete
> themself? Or... Does anyone have that "Ascii Pfile v2.0 for bpl12"
> patch?

        Though I made it so long ago that I can't rightly remember, you
may want to find the program 'houseclean' or 'housecleaner' that I wrote
and mailed to the list.  With a little touch up work, I believe it will
work okay.. It renumbers the player index (correctly), and deletes all
files associated with them.

        It is a perl script for the original incarnation of the ascii
pfiles from sammy.

                                                PjD