Re: [CODE] [QUESTIONS] Mprog_Delay && Swedish alphabet

From: Alex (fletchra@qsilver.queensu.ca)
Date: 02/02/99

> I meant VIE anyway, and believe there is an ad on mudconnector for a VIE
> with mobprogs, objectprogs, and roomprogs.  I saw it somewhere (ever do a
> search for "mud server code" anytime, just to see what all was available?)
That would be the mud I run (which is currently sans server).  We don't
have mobprogs, objprogs, *or* roomprogs.  What we do have is a homegrown
scripting language for mobs, and special procs for rooms, objects, and
mobs.

Oh, and the source is *not* available.

> > DikuII uses
> Diku, I've never even been on a DikuII.
DikuII (if I'm not mistaken) is the VME that was previously mentioned.

> > The original DIKU code base does not have mobprogs,
> I guarantee it does.
Someone made a patch up for them then?  MobProgs showed up shortly after
Merc2.1 was released.  Over time I've seen ports for ROM, Envy, and
CircleMUD, but that's all.  Any other platform they're on (besides the
Merc tree) is likely a hand porting by the coder of said mud.

Ae.