Re: [COMPILING] [GNU-WIN32]

From: Guyang Mao (gymao@SoftHome.net)
Date: 02/06/99

Thus spake EltaWeb Networks <knisely@TELUSPLANET.NET>

> I still get the same error when i configure

For me the ln -s thing didn't work either.  I ended up doing what the
installation instructions tell you to do (these instructions are on the cygnus
webpage somewhere...)

BTW: I'm using version 20.1 of cygwin 32 tools ...

You should type (from within the proggy):

mkdir /bin
mount c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin /bin

That worked for me :)
(This is because it needs those .dll files in the bin directory too)
The mount table is saved in the registry according to the user's guide, so
you only do it once.
Probably the cygwin compilation instructions need to be updated for this,
cuz this way seems to work best.

Have fun!

Arioch
| The Fractal Dimension MUD - Non-existent MUD of the Year |
|  Arioch IMPL - EMAIL: gymao@SoftHome.com - ICQ: 6876616  |