Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] Retreat

From: Beau Perrizo (Perrizo@aol.com)
Date: 02/10/99

In a message dated 2/10/99 12:37:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
magik@thegrid.net writes:

> The search_block() function is handy for this.  It's mostly why the
>  constants in contants.c are set up with a '\n' at the end.
>
>    int door;
>
>    if ((door = search_block(arg, dirs, FALSE)) == -1) {
>      send_to_char("That's not a direction.\r\n", ch);
>      return;
>    }
>
>    do_simple_move(ch, door, TRUE);
>

>  Where arg is the argument after "retreat".  'door' will now have a value of
>  the direction that the player should retreat.  You should perform other
>  checks such as CAN_GO.  Take a look at do_flee for other things.
>
>  Rick

I just wanted thank the guys who helped me out with the retreat skill, I was
able to come up with a complete function thanks to you folks and it works
great.  I appreciate it.

Turgantarganath

PS If anyone happens to be interested in the code I'd be glad to mail it to
em.