Re: * VERY * basic quest code

From: Xual (xual@satanspawn.ml.org)
Date: 02/11/99

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Richard Glover wrote:

> I came up with a simpler way on the way to work.  Add a MOB_QUEST flag to
> mobs instead of the proc and put a check in perform_give (act.item.c) to see
> if the receiving mob is a MOB_QUEST and if the item received is a
> ITEM_QUEST, then give an ITEM_QTOKEN back to the giver.
<big snip>

IMHO, the only way to have a lot of different, interesting quests is to
use a scripting system, like DG Scripts.  They allow you to use a variety
of different triggers, which means quests dont *have* to end when a mob
receives an item or is killed.  You can do so much more without constantly
adding code, they can be added/removed/changed without a reboot or
recompiling, and they are a lot easier to work with than code (in most
cases).

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.ml.org:4000