Re: Quest Snippet from"The Mouse"

From: Richard Glover (magik@thegrid.net)
Date: 02/12/99

I took a quick look at the snippet and it doesn't look like it's made for
newbie coders at all.  It's not a patch and it leaves a lot of work for you
to do.

Makefile:  I have no idea what platform you are on, but to change the *nix
Makefile, you need to add quest.o to your OBJFILES and quest.c to your
CXREF_FILES.  Then add the following to the bottom of the file:

quest.o: quest.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h handler.h interpreter.h
comm.h
<tab here>$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) quest.c

Make the same change(s) to your Makefile.in.

Like the file says, you'll have to add the appropriate variables to your
structs.h and create a method of saving the quest stuff in db.c, which can
be as simple as adding the new stuff to store_to_char(), char_to_store(),
load_char() and save_char().

Good luck,
Rick