Re: [OFF-TOPIC] [LINUX] Migrating...

From: Invincibill (bill@longboys.net)
Date: 02/13/99

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /c_drive

this is assuming that your main hard drive has one partition it.
its also assuming that you create a directory (empty) in your root
directory called c_drive.

when you run this command you can then cd /c_drive and it will
show you the files from your C drive(if you have compiled your
kernel to be able to read dos and window95 filesystems.

but like the other fellow said. read, read, drink coffee, and read some
more
when you get sick of reading, go out and surf the web looking for linux
tips
and pointers.

pretty soon, you'll be cursing windows95 with the best of us :)

Phillip A Ames wrote:

> Heya all,
> I found an old hard drive in my closet, plugged it into my computer, and
> partitioned it as a Linux drive..  Installed Slackware 3.4, and I'm up
> and running with it, but I have a few problems.  My first and foremost is
> how to get my MUD from my C drive to the Linux drive.  I'm what you could
> say a major linux newbie, so I have almost no clue what to do... I've
> tried mounting the floppy drive and the CD-ROM drive(mount cdrom=/dev/hdb
> -- The CD-ROM is the primary slave) but it doesn't seem to work.  If
> anyone would care to tell me what I need to do, I'd be really
> appreciative.  Thanks in advance!
>
> Oh yeah, one more thing :)  If someone replies, can they paste dos2unix
> in there?  I have a feeling I'm going to need it...
>
> -Phillip
>
> Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
> kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
> ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
> http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html

Weather forecast for today: Sunny & Mild
Weather forecast for tomorrow : Sunny & Mild
www.giftsgalore.com : www.longboys.net
telnet://undying.longboys.net:4000 http://undying.longboys.net