Re: [CODE][NEWBIE]The set name command for the last time

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@pacific101.com)
Date: 02/15/99

*snip*
>  save_char(vict, NOWHERE);
>  build_player_index();
*snip*

I'm guessing from that build_player_index(), that you're using some sort of
ASCII pfiles.  I'm going to further guess that when you login, it uses the
filename for the player to get the login information.

Hypothetically:

New character 'Joe' (pfile joe.player is created).
Joe logs in.
Joe's name is changed to Bob.
Now, inside joe.player, it says Name: Bob instead of Joe.
Next login, you type 'Bob' and it searches for a bob.player file.

So if you use individual files for each player, I think you need to make
sure the filename is changing.  If that's the case.

Hypothetically.

-B.