Re: [SYSTEM-WIN95][NEWBIE] worldbuilders

From: dd (lyramia@intrepid.net)
Date: 02/16/99

>...how will/should the future worldbuilders at
>my mud work?

On our mud, we have a playing port (which runs the live game that
players log onto) and a building port (where our world builders work
using an online editor).

Once their world is built, tested, and approved, we copy the files
over onto the "real" mud and reboot that mud.

So work can continue while the game is in progress.  Just run two
ports.  Else, if your creators are adept enough at building offline,
then just make your reviews and edits before replacing/adding files
to the live mud.

... hope that helps

----
               Check out Age of War's new home page!