Re: [SYSTEM-WIN95][NEWBIE] worldbuilders

From: Acido (acido@dvmud.net)
Date: 02/16/99

At 09:41 PM 11/1/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Currently I'm altering the circle30bpl14 for my own uses and ideas.
>I'v been wondering how worldbuilders will create the world when I
>get that far. A mud I did some coding for before was on a unix
>machine and it let me code online and test the code without having
>to reboot.
>
>Now I know the circle based mud have to reboot in order to load all
>objects, rooms etc but how will/should the future worldbuilders at
>my mud work? Localy on their own machine without the
>oppertunity to test their code or should they get a compiled copy of
>the mud to work with? How do you all guys out there do? :)

Well wouldn't be too hard to make a command for reloading the world files
online.

Most muds use some kind of olc(online creation system) for making new areas
online, it is propably the best way to do it unless you want all your
builders to have a local copy of your mud or want to code some offline
building program.