Re: [CODE][NEWBIE]The set name command for the last time

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 02/16/99

> Has anyone remade the players file (*.objs and *.alias as applicable)?
> That would explain why players log in with the old name and get a
> character with all of the same stats but a different name.  Seems to me
> that has been the one subject that hasnt been covered.
>
> Forgive me if I just missed it, but I think that is where the problem
> lies.

        You would only get alias, and rent files from previous characters.
This is simple, since your name is now no longer in the player file at all
(the old entry is replaced, as opposed to a new one, and gets written when
saved - which I'd hope you'd do when you change a name!).

        So, right on character creation, after confirmation of a new name,
just unlink the alias_file, and obj_file.

                That's what I do - else you can create a normal char,
toggle his delete, log in, create a same-named character, and have his eq.

                                                        PjD