[CODE] MUD Client for Linux compression support.

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 02/16/99

Warning! This is deeply infested with debugging information, atrocious use
of memory, and probably a bit lacking in the design category too.  However,
it works, and that's what I was shooting for.  Not bad for a few hours
work.  This has a few known bugs:

1) As soon as you've used up MAX_SOCK_BUF work of compressed output data,
your connection will die.  Look for the lines:

    if (t->deflate->avail_out == 0)
      log("ack! t->deflate->avail_out == 0");

I'll take care of it later (tomorrowish).

2) Can't turn off compression correctly.

3) Probably doesn't handle the "everything not compressed in one shot"
case.

http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/zlib.patch
        14,862 bytes.

Don't bother downloading it unless you want to play with it and/or help
clean it up because as is, it's of dubious value for production use.  I
suppose I should mention that uncompressed links will continue to work as
usual.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.m-l.org/  (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.