Re: New command help please....

From: Xual (xual@satanspawn.ml.org)
Date: 02/18/99

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Mike Kennedy wrote:

> 1. Use the syslog file and search through it for "x logged on at..." type
> messages
> and use them

The problem with his approach is that your log files (log/players
log/levels etc) aren't updated until you reboot the mud, so they wouldn't
be very current unless you reboot (or crash) a lot.

> 2. Every time someone logs on, add a new entry to a log-ons log file and use
> that

Probably the easiest way to go.  Look at how the bug/idea/typo commands
work as far as writing/appending to the file.  There is also a file
command (on Ceramic Mouse I believe) that lets you read your syslog and
other logs, you could just modify (or add) to that.

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.ml.org:4000