Segmentation fault

From: Jeffrey Margolis (COOL20@aol.com)
Date: 02/21/99

Hello umm i was wondering if i could get someones opinion on this.
My mud starts up fine and everything but then about 5-20 minutes after it has
been running usually if i have been useing olc.

Well it generatated a core and i used the gdb and it drove me to str_dup in
utils.c
I havent changed that at all so i was curious if anyone else has had this
problem and can help.

Below i will include the information spit out by gdb and the str_dup funtion.

Thanx in advance,
Jeff

GDB stuff

gdb bin/circle lib/core
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
Core was generated by `bin/circle -q 5000'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

#0  0x80889d4 in str_dup (source=0x0) at utils.c:84
84        CREATE(new_z, char, strlen(source) + 1);
(gdb)

Straight fro utils.c str_dup

/* Create a duplicate of a string */
char *str_dup(const char *source)
{
  char *new_z;
  CREATE(new_z, char, strlen(source) + 1);
  return (strcpy(new_z, source));
}