Re: why does my mud keep crashing every tick?

From: Will Andrews (andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM)
Date: 02/27/99

At 06:59 PM 2/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>in syslog.3:
>Feb 27 18:38:14 :: Opening mother connection.
>Feb 27 18:38:14 :: Binding to all IP interfaces on this host.
>SYSERR: bind: Address already in use

This means that the port on the IP address that you have specified is
already in use by something else (isn't that obvious?). So, either you're
already running a copy of your MUD, or somebody else stole the port. :)

>I would like to save myself the trouble of loading in new code, so please
>don't tell me 'Oh well, you're screwed! start over from scratch' or
>anything...

Heh. Quite the optimist, aren't ya? ;P

--
Acme, Maintenance Implementor & Demi-Coder [NIC: WA915]
The Black Dawn -- http://www.blackdawn.com/ -- telnet://blackdawn.com:4000