Re: Request for database parser index format input.

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/04/99

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>>mmap: CircleMUD: wld: 185.wld
>>        - Read a CircleMUD room file '185.wld' via mmap().
>
>Non-portable to some systems, including MacOS and (I believe) Win95.

I know, that's why it's optional. :P

>>fread: MUD++: foo.are
>>        - Read a MUD++ area file via malloc()+fread()
>
>Can be memory intensive on large zones

The point was not to comment on the methods but rather to help me format
how they should appear.

>Harder to implement, but no extra requirements ; more flexible than
>Assumed.  If done without the Berkely DB part, and used a hand-built or
>Olex'd/Yacc'd/Bison'd parser, it is easy to do and still quite flexible.
>My version (non-Berkely DB) is also human readable.  'course I'm biased
>towards mine so pay me no heed :-)

Ok, thanks for the parser info.  Now how about commenting on the _format_
like I wanted? :)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.m-l.org/  (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.