Re: dg questions

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 03/04/99

At 03:02 PM 3/4/99 -0500, you wrote:

> I'm a builder, and we've got dg_scripts 16 setup. I've run across a few
> oddities tho, maybe someone can help me out.
> 1. mjunk all  - doesn't seem to work... the objects are still staying in
> inventory and drop to the ground when they purge themselves. Is that the
> right syntax or could there be any other probs?

I'll look into this before releasing pl7.

> 2. dg_cast - won't cast from an object... theres a little blurb about some
> special mob who'll be loaded for that purpose but our implementor doesn't
> know where or how that works and it doesn't seem to be in the online docs
> anywhere.

Online docs address script issues only, not implementation
issues. Addressing this, I'd like to add a web section for the
implementors, but I don't see this happening soon.

DG_CASTER_PROXY is defined in dg_scripts.h to be the VNUM
of the mob to perform the cast for an object or room trigger. I set
this to 1, assuming most muds would still have Puff defined. Your
mud most likely has no mob in VNUM 1.

> 3. mgoto 7441 - that doesn't seem to work as well... 'mat' works and
> 'mteleport' but when I use mgoto the mob doesn't go anywhere. In the example,
> 7441 is a room number. I've also tried mob names and that doesn't do anything
> either.

I'll look into this as well.

> 4. Command trigger for dirs - Was trying to make one that would stop anyone
> trying to go 'e' for example, but that also stopped anyone from type 'emote'.
> Anyone have a snippet that does this?

pl7 has a new text variable field. Command triggers get %cmd%
passed into them. %cmd.mudcommand% will return the command
that would be resolved for %cmd%, thus:
    if (%cmd.mudcommand% != east)
      return 0
      halt
    end
will take care of this. Again, not until pl7.

> 5. Act Function - I haven't been able to get this to work at all. Even when I
> copied the gate closing trigger directly out of the tutorial, it doesn't seem
> to see the gate opening.

Your SENDOK macro might not be properly defined, most
likely the result of an oversite when patching in the package.
Check for .rej files created during the patch and make sure
all non-applied portions have been addressed.