Re: [GDB] Understanding Output

From: Richard Glover (magik@thegrid.net)
Date: 03/05/99

My best suggestion is to go to the line that it said it crashed on (which
you didn't list in your message) and start printing the values of everything
on that line.  You can't use MACROS, so you'll have to type all the direct
pointers into the structs manually.  Usually this way it gives you a better
idea on what happened.  Normally in a case like this, it is a problem
somewhere else in the code and you will have a hell of a time finding it.
ltrace seems to be the way to go when you do find which value was "Cannot
access memory at address ..." and follow that around until it goes wild.

Some common prints:

print ch->player.name
print obj->name

Of course I could be way off here...