Re: [NEWBIE] test mud

From: Yohay Etsion (yohay_e@netvision.net.il)
Date: 03/06/99

-----Original Message-----
From:   Robin Wylie [SMTP:WYLIER@bach.augustana.ab.ca]
Sent:   ש מרץ 06 1999 13:24
To:     CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject:         [NEWBIE] test mud

this question is probably stupid so sorry.
I'm trying to set up a test mud on a linux server. however there is
already another circle mud running on that server. I tried to do what
the FAQ and helpfiles suggested, and change the prt in config.c and
autorun to 3999 and then telneted to localhost 3999 btu then it gives
me the error cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1 and I have given the
correct ip addy in the config.c file. what can U do to help me run
this? (I have no direct access o the server except through a telnet.
Robin wylie
Why? because I AM CANADIAN

[Yohay Etsion]  Well , all you really need to do is to edit your autorun script.
The autorun script bipasses the config.c port , so all you need to do is open
autorun , search for the line PORT = 4000 and change it to PORT = 3999.
That will solve your problem , me thinks.