Re: [NEWBIE][LINUX]

From: Sean Daley (sdaley@bbnplanet.com)
Date: 03/08/99

1) Read the FAQ that comes with CircleMUD.  It's in the same directory
as the autorun script.

4.  Running CircleMUD

4.1.  I typed ``autorun'' but then my terminal just froze.

autorun is a script which automatically runs, logs, and reboots the
game for long-term runs.  You should run autorun in the background by
typing ``./autorun &'' -- the MUD will start running in the background
and you'll get the normal UNIX prompt back immediately (see section
4.3). The game will then run unattended until you explicitly shut it
down.

### IMPORTANT NOTE HERE ###
On some systems, you may need to prepend ``nohup'' to the autorun
command since some systems will kill off any processes left running
when you leave the shell.
### END IMPORTANT NOTE HERE ###

Try following the important note I outlined above.

Remember, it's always a good idea to read any FAQ that comes with
anything first.  It will benefit you and it will benefit the mailing list
as a whole.

Sean