Re: strdup or str_dup? .home.com>

From: Acido (acido@dvmud.net)
Date: 03/10/99

At 07:31 PM 3/10/99 -0500, you wrote:

>What you have there is bad bacause, later down the road, what if something
>tries to free that "undefined".  That will crash, because you didn't
>actually allocate memory for it.
>
>I could probably sound a lot more technical about it, but after spending all
>day on the phone with IBM doing software testing, I like doing anything but
>being technical :P

Uhm well i could allocate 9 bytes of memory for the "undefined" :) however
i think i get the point and i'll propably just leave it the way it is and
let it
crash in the case a NULL pointer is thrown to str_dup() that way i can
also check which function the NULL pointer came from and fix it acordingly
since it's propably not supposed to throw a NULL pointer unless it's from