Re: ASCII Mail

From: Jeffrey Margolis (COOL20@aol.com)
Date: 03/20/99

In a message dated 3/20/99 8:55:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, rhodges@home.com
writes:

> I am looking to move to an ASCII mail system complete with the ability
>  to mail objects.  If anyone knows of a patch or a way to please point me
>  to it.
>

>  Randell H.

If i am not mistaken the mail system implemented in stock circle is already in
ASCII form.  if you will check, it is stored in the file lib/etc/plrmail, not
in a binary file.
(I think that is what he was talking about)

As for adding in the ability to mail objects, there is a patch on the ftp site
for that:
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/obj_mail.diff.gz

I hope i was some help.

-Jeff

A.K.A. Elron
Implementor ExplorerMud