Re: [CODE]

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/24/99

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Marie Winter wrote:

>Do you find you have any type of lag after you save internally? On my mud we
>had this problem with medit and oedit using bpl14 and oasis1.6, it stopped
>coding production on it for two months before we found the cause. We finally
>rebuilt the mud from stock again only to find we had the same problem.

Problem is it has to rebuild the entire array when a change is made.  Could
be fixed by using a linked list world instead.  Most feasibly fixed by not
rewriting the entire world, but just what needs moved when something is
saved.  See the OasisOLC 2 snapshots for how that can be done.
http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/

--
George Greer            | The OasisOLC Maintenance Effort
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/OasisOLC/