Getting directions

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/31/99

Is there a function to get the opposite direction of a movement?

example:
Showing which direction someone came from.
Current code shows:
act("$n has arrived.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);

The code for someone leaving in a particular direction is:
    sprintf(buf2, "$n leaves %s.", dirs[dir]);
    act(buf2, TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);

I looked and also can not find anything that would reverse or show
what the direction is to the persons already in the room for the arrive
message.
Any idea's? Thoughts? I can try?

    sprintf(buf2, "$n has arrived from the %s.", dirs[dir]);
    act(buf2, TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
This shows the direction the person left the previous room as the direction
they arrived from. If they left south to the room I was in, meaning they
arrived from
the north, it would show "arrived from the south."
Possible change the act(buf, TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); to something like
act(buf2, TRUE, vict, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);??? (this says vict undeclared)