Re: [SNIPPETS] New site...

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/31/99

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Zeavon wrote:

>While I'm talking about it, do we /really/ need another snippets page? I
>haven't used a snippet in months, but back in my newbie days ('bout two
>years ago) I used them like you wouldn't beleive! It was always a hassle
>to try and keep up with the 4 or 5 pages taht existed at the time and try
>to remember if something new had been added to one that you hadn't
>already gotten from another.

Well, the original idea for the snippets page was people send us their
snippets and we host them so there is one central place to check for
things.

>George has done such an awesome job with the Ceramic Mouse that I feel
>that we need /another/ place to spend our time hunting for improvements
>and design ideas. Don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor of supporting
>CircleMUD, but I don't feel that a snippets page is the way to do it.

And searching is nice.

>Perhaps you could offer your time to George or Jeremy and help with the
>sites that currently exist, or you could work on the documentation that
>ships with the distribution.

Not many people know Perl, SQL, and HTML sufficiently enough to help me.
I'm sure there are people who know more than I, but they're probably
elsewhere. :)

--
George Greer            | The Ceramic Mouse & Snippets
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/