Re: Database use in CircleMUD (was Re: [Code] Native Database Driver)Support

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/02/99

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Daniel Burke wrote:

>We've used MySQL for 6 months or so now, and speed so far hasn't been an
>issue.  Granted, I am very careful what gets used in the database, and test
>speed concerns a lot, but overall I'm happy.

I like the idea of being able to run a MUD on one machine and run the SQL
database on the other. Now that would be cool.

I'm sure I could make a "dbpd" if I _really_ wanted to spend enough to to
completely separate the MUD from the databases below.  I doubt I'm that
crazy yet.  Talk to me when I'm done with the first part. ;)