Re: [NEWBIE][SYSTEM]Help me please...

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/03/99

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Sean Tindall wrote:

>Also, I notice that when some people are submitting their problems with
>Cygnus, other's give the solution: "install Linux" or some such.    I am
>aware that Redhat Linux is getting easier and easier to install with each
>new release version, but if someone is having problems configuring Cygnus,
>Linux will be quite a stretch to say the least.

It's faster to install RedHat Linux than it is to ask the question and wait
for the answer.

Typical RedHat installation should be about 20 minutes or so if you accept
the defaults and don't pick every single package you want by hand like I
did.

Then again, I think everyone should start out with Slackware Linux until
they know what they're doing, then install RedHat.  But that's just me.

That and it gets a little tiring to see constant problems with Cygnus.
Probably more questions about it than all the other platforms together.

--
George Greer            | CircleMUD Snippets
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/snippets/