Re: vt100 editor

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 04/05/99

> MUD++ (theres a link to it from www.van.m-l.org) has a patch that adds a
> PICO-like editor (Actually I think it interfaces directly with Pico).

        Actually, it forks a copy which runs a mini-telnet daemon to grab
a ptty, forks and attaches the one descriptor to that new copy, and then
executes spico (which is basically pico with some options removed).  This
writes to a temporary file which the name of is known when the person
quits it.  The mud picks the descriptor back up, puts it back on the mud
proper, and reads the file and sets the string that was being edited equal
to said file.

        I've almost got it working in normal c (as opposed to c++).
Technically, you ought to be able to take control of any non-mud program.
Once I figure out why my descriptor isn't returning, and just hanging
around in la-la land after file save (and why the string doesn't get
updated), I'll upload it as a patch.  No guestimate on how long that will
take of course.

                                                PjD