Re: What I want to do! (or similar);obcircle Xual's mud plus some..

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 04/06/99

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Bill Long wrote:

> i stopped by xuals mud yesterday. its pretty cool. you guys should go
> check it out. i really liked his character creation sequence.  he also
> employed what i like to call moderate and interesting use of color.  i
> was quite impressed.

You're too kind :)

> after talking to him for a bit, it came out that he too, is a sole
> coder for a mud. i REALLY would like to get a bunch of us SOLE coders
> together and make a mud. the most KICKASS mud.  i think it would be
> great. we could swap ideas, get it figured out what we wanted to do.
> then tear into it. i'd bet we could have a good mud up and running in
> 6 months.
>
> anybody up for it?? i'll provide the server space and accounts. i have a
> big enough pipe and all that rot.

An interesting idea, and would tie in nicely to an idea I've had rattling
around my head.  I'd like to see a new CircleMUD.  Not a code base, but an
actual MUD running, sort of as a show-piece as to what a group of people
can accomplish. The only way I can see this happening (besides Jeremy
quitting his job and going full time MUD guy) is if it was "sponsored" by
the Circle community as a whole.

Maybe it's just me, but the idea of:

[xual@danathara src]$ mcl mud.circlemud.org 4000

puts a smile on my face :)

Flames should go to xual@danathara.dhs.org (in case you don't read mail
headers or your pesky client insists on replying to the "Reply to:"
address)

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000