Re: [IDEAS] Body part combat!

From: John Hines (jahweb@grnco.net)
Date: 04/07/99

I was considering such a system myself. The aspects of it are
quite limitless but also I feel would be opening a large can of
ACME brand worms.

I became interested in limb based combat when I saw it in a
functioning mud.
sneezy.stanford.edu 7900

The limb based combat there also provides body parts I would think
on a seperate hitpoint system
(each limb having its own hp)
There is also the chance of critical hitting also. You can decapitae
mobs ending combat early as well as the chance that you could
end up missing a limb or 2
bleeding leprosy food poisoning the whole nine yards

If you want to take a look at the way the combat works i would
take a look at sneezymud. they have it working and balanced
rather well.

i just wish i could code that ;)
john
John Hines