Re: bug..?

From: Nocturnal Occulto (ronnyi@ifi.uio.no)
Date: 04/08/99

George Greer wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Nocturnal Occulto wrote:
>
> >> The mob doesn't exist but the pointer still points there.
> >>
> >> This was fixed in bpl14 I think...
> >>

> >If the mob is removed with extract_char wouldnt the pointer point to NULL?
> >INoc
>
> No, the pointer is passed by value and cannot be updated.
>
> --
> George Greer
> greerga@circlemud.org

How do I check if the mob is really thwere then?

Sorry for the wierd questions but I cant really understand this..

I thought a pointer contained a integer refering to what it is pointing on,

when u check the pointer for = NULL it went to the memory area pointed to

and checked if that area was NULL, so If the area is a mob and I clear the

mob wouldnt that area be NULL?

Hope Im making sence :)

Noc

--